Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the battleground.


This is the battleground. You say, “Baby, my legs have gotten so tired,” and I say, “I tried to be the compass,” and then you stay on your side of the bed. There has not yet been a boat constructed for this and it doesn’t matter how much wind throws itself between the continents if there are no sails to catch it. I say dangerous things. The light in your stomach versus the light in my mouth and how they never really align at the Right Time. You treat me like I’ve gone someplace far away from home. The truth of the matter is, I stopped moving the moment that I met you.
- ??




Sometimes I come crashing down inside myself
without anyone noticing. I’m like an ambulance
on two legs, hauling the patient
inside me to last aid
with the wailing cry of a siren
and people think it’s ordinary speech.
- Yehuda Amichai

No comments:

Post a Comment